Assalamualaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grave Of The Fireflies. (Anime vs Live Version)


This is my most favourite Anime cartoon movie from Ghibli's Studio as I have already watching it uncounted times and will make my eyes watery everytime i focusly observe. I broke into tears when the first time watching back in 2003 because I can feel the sentiment of the story, especially from the main cast Seita (The brother) on taking care of his beloved little sister (Setsuko) and finally lost her by her demise. Furthermore he is the one who cremated her body, alone (a really sad part). It brought out so many emotions in me sadness, strenght,love,passion,­ hope. This is the story of 2 young kids greatly to survive without their parents during the air raid Japanese War.

((Quote copied from website - "Powerful,moving,touching and great are words frequently used by people to describe movies, but this is one of the very few cases where they are most sincerely deserved")) - I totally agree. Go and watched it,.. u'll know.

Synopsis (Copied from website in the net) :-
In the latter part of World War II, a boy and his sister, orphaned when their mother is killed in a firebombing raid, are left to survive on their own in what remains of civilian life in Japan. As the situation grows progressively worse in the war, things deteriorate proportionally on the homefront. We follow Seita and Setsuko as they do their best to survive in the Japanese countryside, battling hunger, prejudice, and pride in their own personal war.
OMG,.. I did not even notice that it has been transformed into a new live version movie instead of anime. I surely aim to look on this for my collection. Just to compare of which version is more powerful as to make me fall into such touching degree hehehehe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...